Getting into Rwanda
Rwanda is a land locked country meaning accessing if your not in its neighborhood would only be by air, however if you are in the neighboring countries the other means is road transport, unlike Uganda Kenya and Tanzania where they share water bodies and you can use a boat in Rwanda even if they di have water their water transport is not commonly used.
When in Rwanda you can get a hired vehicle or use public means from one place to other these include buses, small cars, bicycles and motor cycle.
RwandAir operates domestic flights between Kigali and Cyangugu (Rusizi; US$175). There are also kenya airways and others that will be booked online and first ask when they pass their.
Local authorities are responsible for investigating and prosecuting crime. Report crimes to:
- Kigali police 078-831-1124 and U.S. Embassy 250-252-596-400.
- Kigali City emergency hotline 112. Note victims are often directed to the nearest police station to register a complaint in person.
- Abuse or attempted bribery by a police officer hotline 116.
See the complete list of brigade numbers on Embassy Kigali’s website.
- Emergency Medical Service (SAMU) 912
- King Faisal Hospital +250-788-309-003
- Avoid demonstrations and use vigilance while traveling, especially outside of cities and along border areas. Even peaceful events can become violent.
- Maintain caution in areas frequented by foreigners.
- Monitor news and alerts.
- Borders may close without notice. Note of the following security conditions: